Sometimes people develop fine lines and wrinkles on the face that they don’t like. These wrinkles can make them appear older or more tired. When those lines are noticeable enough that they bother you but not serious enough to require surgery, Botox® treatment may be right for you. Botox® is one of the most effective treatments for fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes, forehead and brow area. Because of its effectiveness, Botox® is one of the most popular, non-surgical cosmetic treatments available today.
Why People Choose Botox®
People with wrinkles and fine lines around the eyes, brow and forehead choose Botox® to help smooth and diminish these signs of aging. While most people seek Botox injections for cosmetic reasons, there are also medical reasons for Botox® injections, including treating migraines, reducing muscle spasms, reducing excessive sweating and treating certain types of bladder problems.
How Botox® Works
Botox® does not remove lines and wrinkles. Instead, Botox® weakens the muscles that cause wrinkles so your skin can maintain its smooth appearance for longer. Without the “squeeze” of over-active muscles, the fine lines and wrinkles you may already have are softened and become less noticeable.
Botox® is administered in very small concentrations by direct injection into the targeted muscles. Dr. Gage will inject the Botox® using a very small needle, and most patients experience very minimal discomfort with the procedure. After a Botox® injection, it may take 2-5 days before the medication takes effect, and the effects of Botox® are not considered permanent. You can expect the effects of Botox® to last 3-6 months, and repeat injections may be required to maintain the smooth, youthful skin you desire.
Trust The Experience of Dr. Gage
Dr. Gage has more than a decade of professional experience. He is committed to listening to your concerns and providing you with highly personalized, attentive, exceptional care. To learn more about Botox® and whether it is right for you, contact Dr. Gage today to set up your consultation.
After Botox Treatment Post-Op Instructions
1. Avoid manipulating or rubbing the injection site for several hours. This can cause the Botox® solution to migrate, making it more likely to impact areas beyond the desired muscles.
2. Avoid exercising or excessively using the targeted muscle for at least 4 hours after the Botox® injection procedure.
3. Avoid lying down or bending forward for at least 4 hours after the injection procedure. These actions can cause migration of the solution and can lead to complications and undesired outcomes or effects.
4. While you may see results in as little as 48 to 72 hours after injection, this is not typical. The majority of patients do not notice full impact from the treatment for 7 to 14 days. You should wait at least 30 days before deciding if you want additional treatment to avoid over-treating an area.
5. Although exceptionally rare, an allergic reaction to Botox® is possible. If you notice excessive skin redness, excessive swelling or a developing rash, call Dr. Gage’s office immediately at 314-251- 4530. You should also contact Dr. Gage if you experience puffy or very swollen eyes, a severe headache or other adverse reactions.
6. Please feel free to contact our office with questions, comments or concerns at any time following treatment. We want you to safe, happy and completely satisfied.
If you want to schedule a Botox® consultation with Dr. Gage, contact his office at (314) 251-4530 to get started.